Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Injury & Accident Attorney Serving Nearby Areas of Columbus & Fort Benning, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama
We rely on doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to keep us healthy. When we get sick, we trust our doctor’s diagnosis. When we need surgery, we trust that our surgeon will operate with the highest level of care. In the majority of cases, our doctors really do have our best interests at heart. However, there are times when doctors and other medical professionals act carelessly or recklessly and put us in danger.
If you have suffered injury because of misdiagnosis, surgical error, medication error, or another type of medical mistake, you may have a medical malpractice case. Here at the Law Offices of Gary Bruce, we are dedicated to helping our clients recover the compensation they deserve after having their lives upended by medical malpractice.
Call us at 706-786-4428 to schedule your complimentary consultation. Our medical malpractice attorneys will be happy to listen to your story and let you know if we think you have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit in Georgia or Alabama.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when someone in the medical field causes harm to you through negligence. In order to have a valid medical malpractice case, you must prove that your doctor breached his duty of care towards you. Common examples of medical malpractice cases include:
- Failure to diagnose: If your doctor fails to diagnose a medical condition in a timely manner and as a result of this failure your condition progressed to the point of being difficult or impossible to manage or cure, you may have a case.
- Misdiagnosis: If your doctor diagnosed you wrongly and as a result made your condition worse, you may have a case.
- Surgical error: If your surgeon makes a grievous error during surgery that significantly impacted your outcome, you may have a case. For instance, operating on the wrong body part or leaving a surgical tool in your body.
- Medication error: If you experienced significant complications or outcomes due to being given the wrong dose or the wrong medication, you may have a case.
- Birth injury: If your child suffered preventable injuries that have a long-term effect on their life, such as brain damage or cerebral palsy, you may have a case.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one died due to negligent medical care or improperly performed surgery, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Anesthesia errors, post-operative infections, negligent care by a live-in nurse or at a nursing home, and more also fall under the medical malpractice umbrella. The best way to learn if you have grounds for a successful medical malpractice lawsuit is to give us a call for your complimentary consultation.
When to Call a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Georgia and Alabama both have two-year statutes of limitations, meaning you need to file your lawsuit within two years of the date the malpractice occurred. There are exceptions to this rule, but in general, we recommend giving us a call as soon as you can. The fresher the incident is, the easier it is to gather all the appropriate evidence, and the higher your chances of a successful verdict.
We know that calling a medical malpractice lawyer may be the last thing you want to do as you are struggling with the consequences of your doctor’s mistake. However, we promise to treat you with compassion and respect, and to make the process of getting justice and compensation as easy as possible for you. We want you to be able to focus on your health and healing, instead of on tracking down paperwork and meeting deadlines.
Medical debt is a leading cause of bankruptcy in America. Going into deep debt because of failed medical care that left you in worse shape than you began is something no one should have to go through. We will fight for you to obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation
If you have been the victim of medical malpractice, don’t hesitate to contact the “good guys” at the Law Offices of Gary Bruce by calling 706-786-4517 to schedule your complimentary consultation. Our medical malpractice lawyers serve clients in Fort Benning and Columbus, Georgia, as well as Phenix City, Alabama.