Personal Injury Attorneys
Injury & Accident Attorney Serving Nearby Areas of Columbus & Fort Benning, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama
At the Law Offices of Gary Bruce, we focus on our passion: helping people who have suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence. Injuries can often result in severe pain, disfigurement and disability. However, they can also cause profound emotional suffering as victims face a future of financial uncertainty, physical limitations or the loss of a loved one.
If you’ve been hurt as a result of someone’s recklessness or carelessness, you need a law firm with experience, skill and a depth of resources to help you begin to rebuild your life. For more than 25 years, Gary Bruce has fought tirelessly on behalf of injury victims, and knows how to effectively pursue to justice and compensation you deserve.
To discuss your case for free, please call us today at 706-786-4428 or complete the form on this page. If you can’t come to us, we can come to you, whether in your home, at your hospital room or just over the phone. We welcome clients from throughout Georgia and Alabama, including Columbus and Fort Benning, Georgia, and Phenix City, Alabama. We handle injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless there is a victory in your case.
On this page, we discuss a number of issues related to personal injury, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Emotional Trauma
- Fatal Injuries
- Work-Related Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Schedule Your Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
We also invite you to visit our Personal Injury FAQ page to learn more.
Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
In a split-second, a careless driver can change your life forever. When the cause of your collision is someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to bear the burdens of your recovery alone. You deserve compensation.
Insurance companies are in the business of protecting their best interests, not yours. They will do everything possible to delay payments, deny your claim or significantly diminish its value. Our attorneys have decades of experience in trial cases and insurance settlements involving a broad range of motor vehicle accidents, such as:
- Car Accidents: Every day, you rely on your car to get you to work, transport your family and enjoy the activities that matter most to you. Unfortunately, even when you follow the rules of the road and drive cautiously, you can never be completely safe from the risk of other drivers.
- Truck Accidents: Determining liability in truckling accidents is very complex and requires the knowledge and skill of an experienced attorney. Unlike many car collisions, big rig accidents can result from the negligence of several different parties, from drivers and mechanics to company owners and manufacturers of defective products.
- Motorcycle Accidents: While motorcyclists should always wear a helmet and protective clothing, motorcycles themselves offer no protection in serious wrecks. Even minor collisions, that might have otherwise been simple fender benders, can have catastrophic consequences when a motorcycle is involved.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Even if a vehicle is traveling at a relatively low speed, it can still cause traumatic injury if it collides with a pedestrian. Pedestrian injuries can result from a forceful contact with the pavement, the car or other dangerous objects.
- Bicycle Accidents: Negligent drivers account for the majority of bicycle accidents. Drivers frequently fail to notice bikes on the road or allow them adequate room to safely operate. The injuries suffered from these accidents can often alter a bicyclist’s life forever.
- Bus Accidents: Careless driving, inadequate maintenance and a variety of other factors can transform a commercial vehicle into a safety hazard for pedestrians, passengers and other drivers on the road.
- ATV Accidents: All terrain vehicles (ATVs) are popular for both hauling and recreational purposes. They can also be extremely dangerous, and account for nearly 100,000 emergency visits every year.
- Boating Accidents: Lake Harding, West Point Lake, Lake Martin, Lake Oliver and the Chattahoochee River are popular destinations for boating enthusiasts in Georgia and Alabama. Negligent boat operators, jet-ski riders and manufacturers of negligent parts and life jackets can all pose risk to those around them.
The term catastrophic injury refers to injuries that permanently affect the lives of the victim and their loved ones. These horrific injuries often involve long-term or permanent disability and disfigurement.
Long-term disabilities, whether they are mental or physical, can require ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation, impair your ability to earn a living and affect your emotional well-being and personal relationships. Additionally, you may need to make expensive home modifications to accommodate a wheelchair or other assistive device.
Our personal injury lawyers know the devastating impact these injuries can impose on victims and their families. We are committed to use every resource available to us to pursue justice on your behalf. With more than 25 years experience, we have helped clients who have suffered an array of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Head & Neck Injury: Head and neck injuries can have life-altering consequences and are very common in many types of accidents, particularly in car wrecks and slip and fall accidents. Both types of injuries can be difficult to detect at first, which is why it is so important to seek medical attention immediately after any accident.
- Back & Spinal Cord Injury: A severe spinal cord injury can lead to partial or full paralysis and impact every aspect of your life. You may become paraplegic and lose the ability to use all or part of your lower half or develop quadriplegia and lose all ability to move your arms, hands and legs.
- Burn Injury: After a burn injury, you may face life-changing disfigurement, costly medical bills an incredible emotional duress. In addition to extreme pain and an extensive recovery process, many burn victims suffer from extreme self-image problems and emotional suffering due to scarring and disfigurement.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are some of the most common injuries in a wide range of accidents. Whether you’ve suffered a broken arm, leg, hip, rib, or other bone fracture, these injuries are incredibly painful, take a long time to heal, and are always prone to re-injury.
- Dog Bites: Severe dog bite injuries can inflict emotional and physical scars that last a lifetime. Unfortunately, canine attacks occur far too frequently and often seriously harm children and seniors. These traumatic injuries often require expensive surgical repair and leave victims permanently disfigured.
While the severe pain and recovery process of physical injuries are usually the focus of many injury cases, the emotional trauma that results from serious accidents is often overlooked and undervalued. Determining compensation for things like property damage, medical bills and lost wages can be demonstrated with solid numbers. Determining the value of emotional pain and suffering can be less straight-forward, but equally as important.
Following an accident-related injury, emotional pain and suffering can take many forms, such as:
- Embarrassment or insecurity
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Limitations on physical activity
Accident victims deal with a variety of potential problems that exceed the physical and financial. The aggressive personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Gary Bruce know how devastating any type of accident can be. We will fight diligently to ensure you are compensated for any emotional duress you may face. Call us today at 706-786-4428 for a free consultation
It’s a tragic reality that while many accidents result in severe personal injuries, far too many end in needless, avoidable deaths. To lose a loved one because of someone else’s negligence is an excruciating burden to bear.
Our wrongful death attorneys are experienced in these sensitive and heart-wrenching cases and can help you seek compensation for damages such as burial costs and lost future benefits with compassion and integrity.
Workers’ compensation benefits are designed to provide financial relief to workers who have been hurt or became ill on the job due to their work conditions or setting. Because it is a no-fault system, you do not need to prove that your employer was responsible for your injury in order to get benefits.
The workers’ comp process can be incredibly complicated without the help and guidance of an experienced attorney. Valid claims of injured workers are commonly denied or delayed. No matter how complex your case may be, we can help you navigate the process and get the benefits you deserve.
When you are injured or sick, you rely on the skill and expertise of trained medical professionals to help you recuperate. Unfortunately, everyone makes mistakes, even physicians. When doctors, nurses, pharmacists or other medical professionals act below the standard of care expected in their fields, the consequences can be devastating. Medical malpractice can arise from a number of situations, such as:
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
- Incorrect prescriptions
- Surgical mistakes
- Retained sponges and other objects
- Improper anesthesia
- Birth injuries
- Pharmacy errors
- Other acts falling below the standard of care
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, you have the right to recover compensation for your injury. The process of proving these cases is incredibly complex and requires the assistance of an experienced attorney and associated medical experts. The Law Offices of Gary Bruce has the experience, skill and depth of resources necessary to build a compelling, results-driven case on your behalf.
Elder Abuse and Neglect
When you make the difficult decision to place a family member in the care of a nursing home facility, you trust that your loved one will be attentively treated with proficiency and respect. Unfortunately, negligence and abuse are not uncommon in many elder-care facilities, and your loved one may be harmed by the very people you trusted to care for them.
Nursing home abuse, also referred to as elder abuse, can take many forms, including:
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
- Medication abuse
All of these situations are appalling and cannot be allowed. Our nursing home abuse lawyers are committed to holding negligent parties accountable for any mistreatment and ensuring residents are provided with the safe, comfortable environment they deserve.
Schedule Your Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
As local attorneys who have served the communities of Georgia and Alabama for more than 25 years, we know how to effectively fight for the justice and compensation you deserve. Whether you were injured on the road, while on the job or you’d like to learn about our legal services for military families, contact the Law Offices of Gary Bruce today online or at 706-786-4428 to schedule a free initial consultation. We proudly serve injury victims from throughout Georgia and Alabama, including Columbus and Fort Benning, Georgia, and Phenix City, Alabama.