E-mail MeGary O. Bruce
Gary Bruce was born in Louisville, Kentucky in 1961. He graduated from the University of Kentucky with a degree in Business Administration in 1983 and obtained his Law degree in 1986. He began his practice in Louisville, Kentucky and moved to Columbus, Georgia in 1989 after his marriage to the former Mary D. Singer of Lumpkin, Georgia.
Gary's first 7 years of practice were involved in representing insurance companies. In 1984, after the birth of his daughter, he left that practice to start his own in 1993. He has been a trial lawyer representing the rights of individuals since that time.
Gary has served as president of the Chattahoochee Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association and the Columbus Younger Lawyers Association. He has been a Regional representative of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and remains a member of that organization. He is a former member of the Kentucky Bar Association and is a member in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia. Gary became licensed to practice law in Alabama in 2014.
Gary has also served on numerous boards in our community including CONTACT, Carpenters Way Ranch, GIRLS INC., and the Pioneer Youth Football League. Gary is a member of First Presbyterian Church and participates in a local praise band.
Gary has written a book entitled: "Your Rights When You've Been Injured: A Consumer Guide To Injury Claims". In this book, he summarizes the rights of the injured victim - your rights to lost wages, medical payments, pain and suffering, punitive damages and more. He also discusses some of the issues relating to the claims made for reimbursement and how to deal with health insurance issues.
Gary has tried numerous civil trials to verdict and earned the distinction of being a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate from the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has been certified by that organization since 2000. He is also recognized by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings as a "distinguished" lawyer with very high general ethical standards. Mr. Bruce regularly attends seminars and classes to keep his skills sharp and keep on top of developments in the law.
Gary enjoys his role as husband and father. He plays the drums, enjoys tennis, and is an avid hunter and outdoorsman.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Drugs and Medical Devices
- Housing & Construction Defects
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Products Liability Law
- Toxic Torts
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Law
- Animal Bites -- Plaintiff
- Assault & Battery -- Plaintiff
- Aviation Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Defense
- Premises Liability -- Plaintiff
- Sexual Abuse -- Plaintiff
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Consumer Products & Safety
- Professional Negligence
- Insurance Claims
- Defective Products
- Workers' Compensation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Civil Trial Practice Attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Georgia, 1990
- Kentucky, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1990
- Alabama, 2014
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky - 1986
- University of Kentucky
- Business Administration - 1983
- Your Rights When You've Been Injured: A Consumer Guide To Injury Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chattahoochee Bar Association, President
- Columbus Bar Association, President
- Columbus Trial Lawyer Association, President
- Columbus Younger Lawyers Club, Past President
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Member