Pedestrian accidents often result in death or severe injury. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a pedestrian is fatally injured every 88 minutes in traffic crashes. That’s a more than a three percent increase from the previous year.
The experienced pedestrian accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Gary Bruce are passionate about protecting the rights of injury victims. We will thoroughly investigate every aspect of your case and pursue the full and fair compensation you need to get your life back on track.
Driving Tips for Preventing Pedestrian Accidents
When drivers fail to remain diligently aware when behind the wheel, catastrophic and fatal injuries can occur. In order to prevent these tragic wrecks, drivers should:
- Drive sober: Operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol endangers the lives of everyone on the road and even those walking or riding nearby.
- Exercise caution in pedestrian zones: Schools, parks, event venues and neighborhoods all experience high volumes of foot traffic. Maintain safe, slow speeds in these areas.
- Obey traffic signs and signals: You can more easily avoid collisions when you obey pedestrian crossing signs, traffic lights, yield signs and stop signs.
- Avoid distractions: Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of traffic accidents. Avoid cell phone use, eating, applying make-up and anything else that takes your eyes and mind off the road.
- Consider the weather: Not only does snow, ice and heavy rain make driving more precarious, these conditions can also prevent pedestrians from seeing dangers as they walk. In bad weather, give pedestrians ample time and space.
Drivers have a duty to drive safely and avoid injuring others on the road, including pedestrians. Even pedestrians who jaywalk may be eligible for compensation in certain cases. Our seasoned pedestrian accident lawyers will carefully review the circumstances surrounding your injury and hold the responsible parties accountable.
Call Us Today to Discuss Your Pedestrian Accident for Free
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, don’t face your hardships alone. Our accomplished pedestrian accident lawyers know how insurance companies work and we never back down from a fight. Contact the Law Offices of Gary Bruce today online or at 706-786-4352 to schedule a free initial consultation. We serve clients in Phenix City, Alabama, Ft Moore (formerly Ft Benning) and Columbus, Georgia, and the nearby areas.